Subject: Re: serial console
To: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
From: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/14/2002 23:57:25
On 09/13/2002 01:29:16 PM ZE2 Marcus Comstedt wrote:

>Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> how can I switch the console to the serial port? I encounter random
>> reboots when compiling things from pkgsrc and I want to check, whether
>> the system displays some message prior to rebooting.
>

>Remove the pvr driver from the kernel config, and it should fallback
>to serial console.

Thanks, this works.
Funny as it is, I wasn't able to throw a getty at the scif0 port
while the console was still on pvr. Also "echo bla > /dev/scif0"
blocked.
I could send something over the serial port with kermit after
disabling all handshaking. How would I do this with getty?

But later when the console was on the serial port getty worked
fine!???

regards,
chris