Subject: Re: NFS problems with LAN adapter
To: Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
From: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/03/2002 00:43:58
On 09/03/2002 12:20:06 AM ZE2 Harold Gutch wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 11:54:51PM +0200, Harold Gutch wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 11:04:54PM +0200, Christian Groessler wrote:
>> > What is your kernel config? I also tried with GENERIC with the
>> > following line added:
>> > lana0           at g2bus?
>>
>> I'm using exactly the DREAMS.LANA configfile you attached to PR
>> PR 17493.  I now also tried it with "lana0 at g2bus?" (I had to
>> modify files.dreamcast slightly for that to work).
>>
>> As you're mentioning GENERIC - I applied your patches in PR 17493
>> (and the ones in PR 17193) before compiling kernel and userland.
>> Was that wrong, is the LAN adapter supported in the plain kernel
>> nowadays?

No it is not supported. I meant to use a standard GENERIC config but
above patches applied in the tree.

>As for a slight follow-up to this - I added the two lines saying
>"lana0" from DREAMS.LANA to GENERIC.  That kernel works just
>fine!

Ah, good!

>That still leaves me with two questions:
>
>1) Are your patches in PR 17493 and the ones in PR 17193 needed
>   at all in order to use the LAN adapter?

Yes.

>2) There's something fishy in DREAMS.LANA.  I'll try to track
>   down the exact option causing the problem over the next few
>   days.

There is s/th fishy you're right. If you remember one of my last mails
about an assertion failure in the kernel, this went away when I tried a
simple GENERIC with the lana line.

I haven't tried yet to track down which setting in DREAMS.LANA is the
offender (yes, lazy me!)

regards,
chris