Subject: help with burning bootable kernel
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Josh Elsasser <jre@vineyard.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 06/04/2002 13:39:47
I am trying to burn a cd which boots my cross-compiled ELF kernel.
After making several coasters I found instructions for creating a
dreamcast-bootable binary on http://mc.pp.se/dc/ip.bin.html

My question is do I need to use those gcc options for the entire
kernel compilation, or only in the final linking phase?  Or can I just
ignore them and objcopy -O binary and then scramble a normally
compiled kernel?  Or is there a bootloader I can use that will load a
standard kernel off the cd the way ipslave loads an ELF from the
network?

Sorry for all these questions, but I don't really want to waste a pile
of cd-r's figuring things out for myself.