Subject: new toolchain, cross compiler, and recent kernel
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Groessler <chris@groessler.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/18/2002 04:19:04
On 03/17/2002 09:03:03 PM EST Brian Alliet wrote:

>This weekend I managed to get a full sh3 system compiled with the new
>toolchain. I started out with ./build.sh -m dreamcast in my i386 box and
>proceeded to fix whatever errors came up after that. After a bunch of
>minor changes everything seems to be compiled ok (well, everything but
>shared libraries).

How did you compile the things which want to link to the shared libs?

>It looks like the binaries probably work, if only I could get a recent
>kernel to boot. So is anybody running
>a recent kernel on their dc? Christian Groessler, I see you were trying
>to get one going, did you get it to work?
>(Oh yeah, if you didn't figure it out yet, the problem in your second
>message, #include <sys/queue.h>)

Thanks, I haven't figured it out yet (but I didn't really try, I was
busy with some other things).

But my kernel with your change boots fine. But I didn't use the
toolchain generated by a ./build.sh, but tried my 2 installed
compilers: Target "sh-elf" of gnu/dist/toolchain and of plain
gcc-3.0.4 with binutils 2.11.2.

regards,
chris