Subject: Re: Norwegian Blue NetBSD port
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Adrian McMenamin <adrian@mcmen.demon.co.uk>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/14/2002 19:09:45
On Thursday 14 Mar 2002 4:38 pm, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Adrian McMenamin <adrian@mcmen.demon.co.uk> writes:
> > It is now a month since there was a proper message on this mailing list.
> >
> > I don't want to denegrate anybody's work, but is anything going on?
>
> Well, yes. NetBSD progresses constantly. The machine dependent work
> for the dreamcast was essentially finished. Beyond drivers for all the
> peripherals, what do you really want done?
>
> The dreamcast project itself was necessarily finite. Once the machine
> support was written, what more were you expecting?

I find these comments bizarre. Are you really saying that because you can get
the DC to boot and run a console that its all over?

I am actually offering to help. I am not a netBSD person, but I have written
a Linux sound driver for the DC, I am would more than happy to help a netBSD
hacker to port it, but it seems your view is "no thanks".

How very strange.

> Now, there is all sorts of interesting machine independent and
> architecture dependent work going on (including on the superh
> toolchain and such), but...

But what, exactly.