Subject: Re: Norwegian Blue NetBSD port
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Alliet <brian@brian-web.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/14/2002 12:25:20
On Thursday, March 14, 2002, at 11:38 AM, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Well, yes. NetBSD progresses constantly. The machine dependent work
> for the dreamcast was essentially finished. Beyond drivers for all the
> peripherals, what do you really want done?

I was thinking about getting back into the NetBSD/dc thing. A while ago
when the port was first released I managed to get a web server going on
the dc (got on slashdot too, well, the bsd section at least), but I soon
lost interest

I agree that the hardware support is probably done for the dreamcast
port. I think what needs to be done now is general sh3/4 stuff. What I'd
like most now is to get all the ELF stuff straightened out and possibly
a nice cross compiler package. Its not easy getting an elf cross
compiler setup now. I'm not sure how I managed to get it working the
first time. Even when I did get the elf compiler going, I still couldn't
compile any userland stuff, the kernel is all I  could do. My whole
userland was coff.

I see there is a hpcsh elf snapshot now. Maybe I'll check that out.
What's the latest on the cross compiler situation? Some patches and
instructions were posted here several months ago, is there anything
newer?

-Brian
brian@brian-web.com