Subject: Re: Shared Library support
To: Peter Stewart <peter.stewart@sun.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/06/2002 07:49:14
On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 11:37:03AM -0000, Peter Stewart wrote:

 > How is shared library support for sh3/4 going? This would be very cool to
 > have. Want to do some new stuff but require shared library support,
 > otherwise run out of memory very quickly. Good to hear that the new
 > toolchain is in and it produces solid code (hopefully -O2, is solid too.)
 > Looking forward to shared library support.

I'm tinkering w/ shared library support as I have time.  Marcus added
support for it in ld.elf_so (I've committed his changes), and gcc-3.x
generates PIC code, but I'm having some trouble ... dynamically linked
programs are dumping core.  I've been too busy w/ Paying Work to track
it down, but I hope to spend some more time on it perhaps this weekend.