Subject: Working Dreamcast images.
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher John Thomas <christopher.thomas@rogers.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/26/2002 21:58:55
On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, maximum entropy wrote:

> I really wish someone would put together a working dreamcast snapshot,
> in its entirety, with a working kernel, userland and support files.
> It would probably save everyone else a lot of grief.

  It would, and it has been suggested many times before.

  It presumably hasn't been done because people lack the bandwidth to host
images for the world to download, or the expertise to make the images, or
the time to keep the images up to date, or the altruism to bother, or a
combination of the above.

  If you feel strongly enough about this to make it happen, find a person
or collection of people with these requirements who are willing to do it
(e.g. maybe one to produce snapshots and one to host them).

  I have the time, but neither the expertise or the hosting ability
(remember, it's many tens of megabytes a pop for *each* download). So I'm
out.

  Are you volunteering to compile/host it? Are you volunteering to hunt
down people who _would_ do this?

  Points to ponder, at any rate :).

Ttyl,
				-Christopher Thomas