Subject: Re: NetBSD/Dreamcast, hang when spawning init over NFS.
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Johnson <jeff+dreambsd@accountsupport.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/23/2002 08:15:53
Update: I did some reading on the mailing list, and I'm still stumped!

I reduced the complexity of my bootptab; I no longer send the hostname
or the gateway, just in case it happens to affect anything.

I am now using a cross-over cable to connect the bootp/nfs server to the
Dreamcast.  I have tried forcing the line to both 10baseT and 100baseT in
both full and half duplex without any luck.

I have also downgraded to the 1.5R kernel and have tried booting the older
COFF userland, and I still get the same exact hang in the same exact place.

I've successfully built a Linux kernel and userland with a cross-compiler
in the meantime and that works properly with the exact same configuration
and mounts NFS root fine.

Any ideas?

--
Jeff Johnson