Subject: Re: DC Cross-Compiling, [WAS Re: Packages Collection]
To: None <JakeCatfox@aol.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 11/06/2001 03:00:41
On Mon, 5 Nov 2001 JakeCatfox@aol.com wrote:
> New topic from this thread, what do I need to know about the procedure of
> cross-compiling for DC on a i386 NetBSD box? What is the process? What do I
> need?

You need a crosscompiler, then build things. Crosscompiler is either
pkgsrc/cross/sh-netbsdcoff or .../shel-netbsdcoff - I don't know which
one's the right now. After that you should be able to start - please note
that pkgsrc is right now *not* prepared in any way to do crosscompiling
(it might work... never tried!)

If you look for instructions on how to crosscompile a kernel, there's some
docs out there, check www.netbsd.org/Documentation. Also, the port-sgimips
FAQ has instructions how to do things (to get a sgimips kernel from
i386, of course ;-)

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html