Subject: Re: DC Cross-Compiling, [WAS Re: Packages Collection]
To: Adrian McMenamin <adrian@mcmen.demon.co.uk>
From: M. R. Brown <mrbrown@0xd6.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 11/05/2001 19:46:16
--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2

* Adrian McMenamin <adrian@mcmen.demon.co.uk> on Mon, Nov 05, 2001:

>=20
> You're gonna get me flamed here! That was deliberately not sento the list=
 :->
>=20

C'mon now.  Everyone knows *cough* Linux is Better (tm) *cough*.

>=20
> I have booted my DC with netBSD and even played hangman on it. But the si=
mple=20
> fact is that I see little sign of development activity here (flame away i=
f I=20
> am wrong).
>=20
> I can boot my DC into X (after a fashion) on Linux - and there seems to b=
e=20
> real development activity going on.
>=20

Seriously, LinuxDC development is only *marginally* more collaborative than
NetBSD/Dreamcast, remember there's all of two developers that actually
spend any time with the LinuxDC kernel :P.

If NetBSD/Dreamcast had a decent framebuffer, X would be available there
too ... but who the hell wants X on their Dreamcast?  Seems kinda
pointless.

M. R. (closing the thread before it goes off-topic)

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2

--lEGEL1/lMxI0MVQ2--