Subject: Re: DC Cross-Compiling, [WAS Re: Packages Collection]
To: None <JakeCatfox@aol.com, port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Adrian McMenamin <adrian@mcmen.demon.co.uk>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 11/05/2001 22:30:04
On Monday 05 Nov 2001 10:12 pm, JakeCatfox@aol.com wrote:
> Well, it took long enough to get NetBSD to run on my Dreamcast, and I'd
> prefer not to have to screw around with Linux as well. I'm thinking I'll
> just rig up a little 'BSD box and cross-compile Dreamcast proggies on it,
> then transfer them to my PC and burn them to disc, then use them on my DC
>
> New topic from this thread, what do I need to know about the procedure of
> cross-compiling for DC on a i386 NetBSD box? What is the process? What do I
> need?
>
> Thanks, forgive my numerous newbie questions. :)
> -- Deven Gallo
>

> In a message dated 11/5/01 2:06:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> adrian@mcmen.demon.co.uk writes:
>
> << You're probably better off mucking around with Linux - have a look at
>  http://www.fivemouse.com

You're gonna get me flamed here! That was deliberately not sento the list :->

I bought my DC because of what I saw on the netBSD site, it is clear and well
done.

I have booted my DC with netBSD and even played hangman on it. But the simple
fact is that I see little sign of development activity here (flame away if I
am wrong).

I can boot my DC into X (after a fashion) on Linux - and there seems to be
real development activity going on.

Whatever you do, you're going to have some difficulties as you are using
Windows - you'll need an environment like Cygwin - it can be done, though.

Better still, join the revolution and get some free software!

Adrian