Subject: Re: silly question...
To: Peter Stewart <peter.stewart@sun.com>
From: Andy Michaels <lego@apollo.gti.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 07/10/2001 22:58:34
okay, I got the DC to boot from the network.  I followed the diskless
howto, but I can't get out of single-user mode.  When I exit, It starts
the network, but then when it gets to either checking quotas or looking
for coredumps, it reboots.  Not sure what I did wrong.  Has anyone else
experienced this?  I'm not sure what info to give, but here's some:

On the NFS server, I exported the entire HPCSH distro as one FS:
/usr/export/client/root
I also exported a swapfile (per the HOWTO)
/usr/export/client/swap  (it mounts at /swap on the DC)

the root FS mounts, and swapctl is able to mount the swap space.

Do I need to enable certain TTY's?

If anyone has any idea as to what's happening, let me know what info you
need, and I can provide it.  thanks,

Andy

/*
** A N D Y . M I C H A E L S