Subject: Re: /dev/console? And Remote Swap Space
To: Klaus Klein <kleink@uni-trier.de>
From: None <dcdev@baux.dyndns.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 05/29/2001 19:16:47
On 25 May 2001, Klaus Klein wrote:

> <dcdev@baux.dyndns.org> writes:
>
> > Here's another question. I attempted to setup swapping to an nfs drive, it
> > gave me an error message of "swapctl: /swap: Device not configured"
> >
> > I take this to mean that folders cannot be used to swap to. How can i swap
> > to a remote system?
>
> If you mean 'directories' when you write 'folders', that's true - but
> then I don't see why that should work.
>
> Anyway, you can swap to a regular file; if you need more information,
> you can find it at
> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/files.html.

Ok, I installed a swap file on my nfs drive. Here's the one problem
however. Prior to adding the swap file, the dreamcast only crashed once,
when it ran out of memory. Now whenever i try to compile something in
ports, and it hits the swap file at all, the dreamcast falls apart like a
house of cards. Is there any obvious config error that would cause this
type of thing?