Subject: Re: Adjusting terminal window on TV
To: Jason Keirstead <jasonk@nbnet.nb.ca>
From: Nathan Mahon <nate@aftershock.blackhat.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 05/24/2001 17:18:16
As has been mentioned in the archives many times, TV's are all tuned so
that you cannot see the edges of the screen.  If you bought a TV with
black around all the edges, you'd ask them to readjust it.  :)
So... loss on all 4 sides is required. perhaps multiple lines.

What needs to happen is to create a terminal that perhaps only uses the
center 60% of rows and columns.  in other words, a terminal that doesn't
take advantage of the outer 20% of the screen...  if you could tune this
inside the terminal, that'd be better.  :)

I might be able to write something up for a shell that uses ncurses or
something to properly wrap at the center 60%... we'll have to see...
I don't have a unix box at my disposal yet, but may have one in the next
two weeks.  :)

n8