Subject: Re: VMU FS
To: adriel <adriel@adriel.net>
From: O'Shea. Shawn <sko@eth0.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 05/22/2001 10:21:48
On Tue, 22 May 2001, adriel wrote:

> it doesnt allow me to mail copy protected files, and the game I want to
> back up uses them (I have already lost all game data twice and had to
> start over)  now I use the dc browser 2.0, but I would much prefer to
> just boot unix and copy them over, much easier and faster (those GUI's
> are horridly slow)

If you feel like spending a few bucks (20'ish+shipping), there is a
hardware device that lets you copy vmu files (including copy protected
ones) to/from another vmu and a PC called the Double Power. A number of HK
importers carry it, and this place in the US carries it as well:
http://www.levelsix.com/products/dreamcast/DoublePower.shtml

-Shawn

> Quoting James West (zerowren@msn.com):
> > Simple solution that -gasp-, doesn't require NetBSD I think.
> >
> > Head over to PSO World at http://www.pso-world.com/ and check their list of
> > mirrors for the Broadband Passport. I'm pretty sure there's a mail program
> > in it and it would allow you to mail yourself the files.
> >

> > >From: adriel <adriel@adriel.net>
> > >To: port-dreamcast@netbsd.org
> > >Subject: VMU FS
> > >Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 14:23:59 -0500
> > >
> > >I got the cdi bootdisk, and finally got netbsd booted with its root
> > >exported from my freebsd workstation, the main reason I want this is to
> > >be able to back up my vmu's without using the damn web browser (which
> > >requires me to swap out my bba with the 56K modem) eventually I will be
> > >into X and all that, but for now, is the VMU filesystem usable at all?
> > >and where is the mount program for it, there werent any files in the
> > >dreamcast dir, I had to get my snapshot from the other dir.
> > >--
> > >----------------------------------------------------
> > >Adriel Ickler
> > >Network Administrator   -  adriel@jlms.com
> > >Self Trading Securities -  Voice:       512-263-2769
> > >www.selftrading.com     -  Fax:         512-263-2141
>
> --
> Adriel Ickler
> Network Administrator   -  adriel@jlms.com
> Self Trading Securities -  Voice:       512-263-2769
> www.selftrading.com     -  Fax:         512-263-2141
> Harvard Law:
> 	Under the most rigorously controlled conditions of pressure,
> temperature, volume, humidity, and other variables, the organism will
> do as it damn well pleases.

# ifconfig eth0.net "Shawn O'Shea" netmask 255.255.255.0 up
# route add -net smtp shawn@eth0.net
# route add -net http http://eth0.net