Subject: Re: Broken hardware?
To: Lars Jorgensen <lars.jorgensen@pol.dk>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 05/19/2001 16:44:03

  Lars> On Fri, 18 May 2001, Fredrik Hubinette wrote:

  >> The last message on the the screen is:
  >>
  >> init: copying out path '/sbin/init' 11
  >>
  >> Has anybody experienced anything similar?

  Lars> Yes, with a buggy kernel. I think the above line is from the /etc/rc script
  Lars> which means that your DC has mounted root and is executing code from it. Try
  Lars> editing /etc/rc to a bare minimum, like

No, it's from sys/kern/init_main.c in the kernel.
It is the last message printed by the kernel before init is started,
but it doesn't indicate that init is ready to start yet.
The first message printed by init (or rather by /etc/rc.d/fsck) should
be "Automatic boot in progress: starting file system checks.".

   // Marcus