Subject: Re: Broken hardware?
To: <>
From: Lars Jorgensen <lars.jorgensen@pol.dk>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 05/19/2001 09:37:07
On Fri, 18 May 2001, Fredrik Hubinette wrote:

> The last message on the the screen is:
>
>      init: copying out path '/sbin/init' 11
>
> Has anybody experienced anything similar?

Yes, with a buggy kernel. I think the above line is from the /etc/rc script
which means that your DC has mounted root and is executing code from it. Try
editing /etc/rc to a bare minimum, like

date
exit 0

and see what happens. If that works then try poking around for different
kernels. Instead of burning the kernel(s) to a CD, get the IP Slave 1.002
from Marcus' site. It saves you a lot of time and CDs.

> PSS: A search function for the mail archive would be very helpful. :)

Indeed.

Lars