Subject: Got the BBA
To: <>
From: Lars Jorgensen <lars.jorgensen@pol.dk>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 05/16/2001 01:12:36
Hi folks!

I've been lurking here for a while, and now that I have finally got my
BBA I'm ready to start asking all the questions that have been asked
numerous times before because I've forgotten all the answers.

So.

I've got the BBA
I've got the IPSlave 1.002 burned and it boots fine.
I've got a Linux server running DHCP, TFTP and NFS

What I need to know now is

1. Where do I get a DC NetBSD kernel suitable for tftp'ing to the DC? I
assume the IPSlave will get an IP address and a boot image filename from
the DHCP server, then tftp the image into the Dreamcast's memory and
transfer control to it?

2. Where do I find a NetBSD root filesystem to export to the DC?

3. Anything else I need to know?

I expect my questions are very common for new NetBSD DC users. If I
compile a short FAQ for getting up and running on a setup like mine,
would someone be willing to host it?

Can't wait to sprawl on the living room floor, reading news on my TV via
tin.

--
Lars