Subject: Re: Fwd: making some progress, but...
To: netbsd.ndk <gibber_ndk@yahoo.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 05/06/2001 01:16:56
On Sat, 5 May 2001, netbsd.ndk wrote:
> > Still unsure as to what needs to be exported via NFS.

I'd say kernel (can't hurt even if it turns out to be booted via tftp, I
dunno), and a full system.

> > I get error 19 when trying to connect via NFS, but of course this
> > is
> > because I don't have anything in the shared dir.  So, what needs to
> > go in there, any NetBSD kernel?  What other files?

I don't know, but if you get an error from somewhere, I assume you have
something going on the DC already. Use tcpdump or (better) ethereal to
debug what requests your DC makes.

> Do I need an ip
> > slave CD too?

I don't know what an IP slave CD is, but as far as I understand you need
to get a CD with an loader that will request the machine config (IP adr,
...) via DHCP, then load the kernel somehow (tftp, nfs, I don't know!),
then mounds root via NFS and boots the system.

I don't have my DC at a point to have anything running, sorry, else I 'd
probably give you better information (or point you to proper
documentation ;-). For now, check out the mailing list archive at
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-dreamcast/ to see what people's prior
experience in this field is.

Sorry for not being able to provide more information here.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>