Subject: Re: More Success! [was: Re: Success! (was: Re: booting woes)]
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Gene McCulley <mcculley@enki.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 05/02/2001 20:40:17
Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> I managed to create a bootable CD today, using a HP SureStore 6020
> (SCSI) with NetBSD 1.5.1_BETA/i386. I followed all the instructions at
> http://mc.pp.se/dc/cdr.html with one exception: I used -xa2 instead of
> -xa1 on cdrecord (I tried -xa1 first of course, but got a coaster).
>
> Now that's a good first step. Where's an IP.BIN that can read a ISO 9660
> filesystem, load a kernel from it, and then boot off cd? :)

That confirms my suspicions.  I mentioned in an earlier message to this list
the fact that one page said to use mode 2 under Windows and another said to
use mode 1 under Linux.  I was going to try that before I decided to try a
different burner.

--
Gene McCulley            http://enki.org/~mcculley/