Subject: Re: Activity...
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Travis Geiselbrecht <geist@foobox.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 05/01/2001 11:47:36
My 2 cents.

From what I can figure out about the DC modem, it's a Conexant winmodem.
I've seen source code to this beast at work, and if it's the same modem,
which I dont doubt it is, you do *not* want to mess with it. Getting this
modem to work is an entire project in it's own right. Last time I checked,
the code compiled into a binary somewhat greater than 1 Mb, most of which
was code.

I haven't checked in a while, but I'm pretty sure no no one has been able to
clean room a winmodem. In my opinion, it's not worth considering.

Travis Geiselbrecht