Subject: To all talking about the modem--"I'm sorry, Please
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: None <David@ixibbs.iximd.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/27/2001 19:38:50
To ALL it may concern,

Begin plea for forgiveness--

I'm am completly sorry for all the confusion that I have stired up.  I
have seemed to start kind of a discussion that I didn't mean to start.
(Even though it sounds like there might be some good coming out of the
discussion).

To clear up some things I live in the U.S. and the messages talking
about which DCs allow CDR boot I have learn a good deal from and you
have cleared up alot for me, thanks.

I ADMIT
Begin Qoute--
"I'm Dense and thought the Serial uploader was done with the MODEM the
only serial port I was aware of." --End Qoute

Next, it seems that the DC comes stocked with both a modem and a serial
port which I did not know (I don't have a console and have been holding
off on buying one).

The point I was tring to make, (Yets try again), is that boot with a
CDR (FULL Kernel OR JUST the UPLOADER) and get the REST of the Kernel
(IF USING UPLOADER) thru the (HERE IS WHERE I WENT WRONG, SORRY) The
".... SERIAL PORT ...." then if it turns out that you can boot AT LEAST
this far it means you can boot a CDR so go invest on the BBA. (Please
read the rest of my other message to understand why).  I was just tring
to help the guy save some money IF he ONLY wanted the BBA for NetBSD
and NOT other uses too and if, by some weird chance, his DC isn't CDR
bootable.

--End plea for forgiveness

Totally sorry,

-David