Subject: RE: Modem Support [was ]
To: None <D.Zatz@domaintechnologies.com>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/27/2001 15:34:33

  Dave> Quite frankly I'm a novice, so please bear with my ignorance...

  Dave> But what is the likelihood of seeing modem support in the future? I did read
  Dave> somewhere that specs were unavailable or hard to come by on the hardware - I
  Dave> assume this poses a problem?

Pretty much nil.  The modem needs copyrighted microcode to drive it,
and there are no specs available that would allow you to write your
own microcode.  Besides, modems are not all that useful anyway.

  Dave> In an ideal world, I would boot the OS off CD-R and use the DC as a little
  Dave> net machine running telnet, mailx (or better), etc via dialup to my ISP.
  Dave> Possible? Likely?

Possible with an external modem.  I don't see why an ideal world
should ivolve dialup though.  >;-)

  // Marcus