Subject: Re: cross building under FreeBSD succeccful
To: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
From: R. Imura <imura@ryu16.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/27/2001 19:01:12
On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 11:47:03AM +0200, Marcus Comstedt wrote:
>   R>   If I replace .long correctly, everything goes fine, so I'm setteing AS
>   R>   variable to "sed 's/\.\(long	0x\)/.ua\1/g' | cross-as", but why?
>
> Bad idea.  Unaligned longs can't be accessed by the CPU.  If as says
> "misaligned data", there is a missing .align somewhere.

Hmm, but it seems all commands linking this libc work very fine in my dc.
I have no idea how to correct my cross-cpp or cross-as...

I saw
http://www.gnu.org/manual/gas-2.9.1/html_mono/as.html#SEC238
and I indicated that values were intentionally misaligned, believing
my cpp working correctly.

Hmm..

- R. Imura