Subject: Re: cross building under FreeBSD succeccful
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: R. Imura <imura@ryu16.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/27/2001 18:36:08
Hi,

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 06:39:21PM +0900, I wrote:
> I'd succeccfully built NetBSD/dc under FreeBSD-5-CURRENT. :)

Kernel built under my FreeBSD works fine, but it seems my environment has
some trouble in building userland.
I'm glad if somebody could give me any advice.

1) In libc/sys and libposix/sys, before executing "as", I must replace
  ".long" to ".ualong" word which was created by cpp. Otherwise, "as" says
  it is "misaligned data" and a object which links this bad libc dumps core
  saying "Bad system call".
  If I replace .long correctly, everything goes fine, so I'm setteing AS
  variable to "sed 's/\.\(long	0x\)/.ua\1/g' | cross-as", but why?

2) Only libgcc.a in gnu/lib/libgcc, I can not create correctly.
  If I replace my libgcc.a to which I obtained from hpcsh snapshot,
  and put it to $DESTDIR/usr/lib, everything goes fine again,
  otherwise commands which link my libgcc.a will get segmentation fault.

Any ideas?

- R. Imura