Subject: Re: RE:current status of dreamcast port
To: None <David@ixibbs.iximd.com>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/27/2001 02:56:18

  David> I think what I was tring to say was that there is a theroy or a rumor
  David> out and about that any "new" consoles out on the market will not boot
  David> off of CDRs. Now it might just be a rumor but if anyone could verify
  David> this I would love to know (thats why I have completly held off on buy a
  David> console).

I believe the consensus is that this applies to the Sakura Taisen
Special Edition consoles, and _only_ to those consoles.  They are not
particularly hard to recognize, being pink and having Sakura Taisen
related decorations all over.  They are also only available in Japan.

I have not heard of any other models having CD booting disabled.

  // Marcus