Subject: Re: current status of dreamcast port
To: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
From: Greg Gonnerman <greg_gonnerman@yahoo.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/26/2001 22:06:15
--- Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se> wrote:

> I believe the consensus is that this applies to the Sakura Taisen
> Special Edition consoles, and _only_ to those consoles.

Yes, but, when Sega announced the end of the DC, it was revealed
that several million were in the pipeline or being warehoused.
The Sakura Taisen Special Edition went straight from the factory
to the stores. Given that retail stores in the US are currently
receiving consoles built back in September, and Sega is only
now (allegedly) finishing the last of the DC production, it
seems entirely possible that some of the GDROM-only DC's
could sneak into North America or Europe.

My advice... check the production date on the back of the
console before you buy it.

Greg