Subject: IPupload/BBA
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: John M. Choi <johnchoi@its.caltech.edu>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/22/2001 18:01:20
I am having trouble sending files across tcp to the dreamcast. I'm running
NetBSD 1.5 i386 and the IP upload slave program v. 1.002 on the DC. The
IPupload reports an ip address of 0.0.0.0 which I gather could also mean
the BBA is not configured. I don't know too much about networking, but it
appears that 0.0.0.0 might be equivalent to the default route, because
when I use tcpdump, all the packets seem to go to the default gateway. I
also tried using arp -s dreamcast xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, but this returns with
an error about not being able to resolve the name, and I see lots of
packets going to the DNS asking for a who-is-this-address (again, using
tcpdump). I've tried netcat, and the mount_portal people have suggested.
Can someone show me what I'm doing wrong and how I can transfer the file?

Thanks.

John