Subject: Re: maple_attach_dev
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/17/2001 00:07:36

  Jason> Oh, drat -- I thought you meant "subunit".

  Jason> So, e.g. a given port/subunit can have more than one "device" (i.e.
  Jason> multiple functions)?

Yes.  A Visual Memory for example, is both a beeper, a memory card,
and an LCD display.  (A single device is restricted to three functions
as there is only room to store function data for three functions in
the device info message.)  I did the changes you suggested (or rather,
which I _thought_ you were suggesting :), and the dmesg looks like
this:

[...]
maple0 at shb0
Dreamcast Gun                  at maple0 port 0 not configured
Dreamcast Gun                  at maple0 port 0 not configured
Visual Memory                  at maple0 port 0 subunit 1 not configured
Visual Memory                  at maple0 port 0 subunit 1 not configured
Visual Memory                  at maple0 port 0 subunit 1 not configured
Puru Puru Pack                 at maple0 port 0 subunit 2 not configured
Dreamcast Controller           at maple0 port 1 not configured
Puru Puru Pack                 at maple0 port 1 subunit 2 not configured
mkbd0 at maple0 port 2: Japanese keyboard
wskbd0 at mkbd0: console keyboard
Dreamcast Mouse                at maple0 port 3 not configured
pvr0 at shb0: 640 x 480, 16bpp, VGA, RGB
[...]

Notice the three lines for the VM at port A1.  (I didn't add the
function code to the printout.)

  // Marcus