Subject: Re: maple_attach_dev
To: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/16/2001 16:24:02
From: "Marcus Comstedt" <marcus@idonex.se>

> I'm not sure what you mean by the distinction "sub function" vs "multi
> function".  A function is something the device can do.  It can have
> just one function, or several functions.  Which functions are

I was thinking of functions that need to be enabled by attaching a
master device.  Rather than devices / functions that are independent.

> Sure, but what's the point of the "mmf" device?  Wouldn't it be
> simpler to just attach the kbd0 etc directly to maple0?

Yeah, I was think of the "something needs to be done to enable the device"
case. (e.g. before it would be available on the maple bus)

> Well, isn't the "device + 3 sub devices" what you're suggesting with
> the "mmf" device?

Uhmm, probably.  Just ignore me. :-)  I was thinking more along the
lines of the "device" on the maple bus being a bridge to subdevices, but
that doesn't sound like the case.

-Andrew