Subject: RE: X-Box and PS2 port candidacy
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: None <daniele@ncssm.edu>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/15/2001 12:45:06
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but ext2 is also non-journaling, which would
>probably be a bad thing (tm).

I haven't really looked into it, but I think midori's flashfs is NOT ext2.
I could be wrong though.  As I understand it flash has the problem of not
taking well to too many writes.  I think a carefully constructed journaling
system would do best here, but by now I'm _way_ out of my league.  Has
anyone actually looked at the flash file system specs for midori?  I
haven't, and I don't know whether it is journaling or not.  In fact, I'm not
even sure where to find such docs.  Has anyone seen them?  a cursory brows
through midori.transmeta.com doesn't turn them up.

In general, though, I have to agree that the correct first step is to
support the FS that Sega uses.

Evan Daniel