Subject: RE: X-Box and PS2 port candidacy
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: None <daniele@ncssm.edu>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/15/2001 09:16:52
Yeah, I know we can't use the code, but do we really want a different
filesystem?  Some very smart people put a lot of time into it; not that the
same couldn't be done again, but what's the point?  Also, it would seem good
to me if an eventual linux port could share the FS on the memory cards and
the like.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 02:18:39AM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:

 > >midori Linux, just released by transmeta, includes such.  As a
 > >non-programmer non NetBSD/Linux expert, I have to ask:  how hard would
it be
 > >to support that, and is there any reason to go create another one?
 >
 > GPL.

Also, the Linux file system stuff is TOTALLY different.  Better to
understand how the file system stuff works, and re-implement the ideas.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>