Subject: random reboots
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Travis <travis@funac.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/05/2001 18:08:04
This is really frustrating me. I got Saitoh's "netbsd-DCUSZEROTEST" kernel
booting fine, it NFS mounts a root partition (and optionally a swap file),
rc runs fine (but it gives some permission errors on /var?), etc. So I
finally get to try this out...but:

NetBSD/dreamcast (solar) (console)
login: root {me hitting enter here}
{screen goes black and dreamcast reboots here}

So I got the telnet server working on it after it rebooted and tried to
telnet in:
$ telnet 10.0.0.25
Trying 10.0.0.25...
Connected to 10.0.0.25.
Escape character is '^]'.
{dreamcast reboots}

Fingering it, trying to rsh in, etc all reboot the poor thing. When cron
loads from rc sometimes too it reboots. I've tried everything I know since
yesterday to make it work but it still does this. I thought it was a tty
problem, until cron rebooted it.

I used Saithoh's bin.tgz, sbin.tgz, and usr.tgz along with the hpcsh
snapshot and the /dev tarball posted here earlier for good measure. The NFS
is an OpenBSD2.8 machine. Am I missing something massivley important or
'duh'? Any help at all would be /greatly/ appreciated!

Travis

http://funac.org (rawr!)