Subject: Re: SLIP?
To: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
From: Tyrel Beede <tb90@mail.csuchico.edu>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/05/2001 16:21:19
> src/etc/etc.dreamcast/MAKEDEV should probably be updated to better
> correspond to reality.  :-)

Sounds good ;-)

I changed the major number with respect to /dev/tty00 and now I've
discovered that the scif driver doesn't support the TIOCSDTR(set data
terminal ready) ioctl.  slattach issues this ioctl so that is a little
problem.  I'm sure it isn't right but I added TIOCSDTR to the scif
driver.  It dosen't do anything when it gets the TIOCSDTR but it allowed
me to <slattach tty00> without errors.  I checked the com.c file just to
see what the com driver was up to when it got this ioctl and it seems
that it just sets a few things and updates some stuff.  Not to much.  I
guess I'm hoping one of you guys with better knowledge of the scif stuff
could let me know if the driver hardware supports or what.  Also where
can I find the hardware docs for the sci/scif?

Thanks
Tyrel