Subject: Re: Testing Binaries
To: Tyrel Beede" , "Greg Ingram <ingram@symsys.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/04/2001 11:16:02
FWIW, I can recommend buying a video capture / tv tuner board like a
Happauge or something.  I have a cheapo card that is supported by the 'bktr'
driver under NetBSD.  With the dreamcast plugged into it, I get a quite good
/ readable image, and it is fully "TV" mode so the games aren't an issue.
Not as nice as a VGA box (I have one also), but definitely cool. :-)

You can get one for about $50 USD.  Also, the entire dreamcast video signal
is visible, while on my TV the outside is overscanned and missing. (e.g.
left / right 4-5 characters, couple lines on top and bottom are off screen
on my TV)

Also, I bought a VGA box from "LIK SANG" in Hong Kong, and it is switchable
between VGA and NTSC outputs, so that might be better also, less cable
swapping.

As a side benefit, you can create an MPEG of your dreamcast booting NetBSD
or something. :-)

-Andrew