Subject: Re: Testing Binaries
To: Tyrel Beede <tb90@mail.csuchico.edu>
From: Greg Ingram <ingram@symsys.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/02/2001 09:09:37
On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Tyrel Beede wrote:

> > The text output I've seen on a Zenith 36" is very fuzzy but I was
> > expecting it to be.
>
> For $15 bucks you can buy a vga adaptor from www.ebworld.com and it is
> pretty sharp... pretty cool I've got a KVM switch box for my few
> machines but the VGA signal turns to crap so I just un-plug and plug
> in my monitor everytime I switch boxes(the backs of the machines are
> in arms reach) and I haven't messed anything up yet so I suppose what
> I'm getting at is that you don't need a KVM to share a monitor with
> your dc if you have the vga adaptor....

At that price, why not.  Although, one of my interests in this whole
NetBSD/Dreamcast thing (well, aside from sheer hack value) was the TV
output.  I must say, even though I expected fuzzy, it's fuzzier that I
expected.

FWIW, at work I use KVM switches from IOGEAR.  They're entirely
electronic, draw all their power from the keyboard cable and work very
nicely.  They come with all the cables, which surprised me.  I figured I'd
have to shell out another fifty bucks or so to cable up a switch.  IOGEAR
also sent me PS/2-to-AT keyboard adaptors gratis.  (I run a lot of old
gear.)

- Greg