Subject: Re: Testing Binaries
To: Greg Ingram <ingram@symsys.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/01/2001 11:08:15
On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Greg Ingram wrote:

: My DHCP/NFS server runs Linux and normally I'd see some messages about a
: mount request, but I don't see anything related to NFS.  I'm curious that
: this kernel reboots while the first one doesn't.  Could that tell us
: something?  I guess there's no way to catch the last few messages without
: a serial console.  Hmm... maybe a VCR.  Anyway, what does the kernel
: _want_ to mount for root?  Will it try /tftpboot/<host> or /tftpboot/<IP>?
: Or does it need something compiled in?

It needs a "root-path" parameter in the dhcpd.conf file.  This option
indicates where the root directory is.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/