Subject: Testing Binaries
To: SAITOH Masanobu <masanobu@iij.ad.jp>
From: Greg Ingram <ingram@symsys.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/01/2001 09:31:26
Gentlemen,

I successfully roasted a CD with the IP loader.  I haven't gotten a
cross-compiling system up yet so I was excited when Saitoh posted some
binaries.

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, SAITOH Masanobu wrote:

>  I put some binaries at:
>
>  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/etBSD/arch/sh3/snapshot/20010227-dreamcast-elf-test/
>
> 	bin.tgz		/bin	(2632027bytes)
> 	sbin.tgz	/sbin	(4742507bytes)
> 	usr.tgz		/usr	(86398794bytes)
> 	netbsd		kernel	(892932bytes)
> 	DCUSZERO	configuration file
>
> please test it and report me.

When I downloaded there was also a netbsd-DCUSZERO kernel.  When I boot
'netbsd' I get nothing on the screen but I do see messages logged on the
DHCP server indicating that something is happening.  When I boot
'netbsd-DCUSZERO' I see a nice set of kernel messages.  The DHCP
transaction succeeds but shortly thereafter the DC restarts.  I can't get
the last messages but I think it has the right idea of who is its NFS
server.

Regards,

- Greg