Subject: Re: Testing Binaries
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: PrOfUnD Darkness <profund@geocities.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/27/2001 11:39:29
Marcus Comstedt wrote:

>   Greg> Oh, and I was able boot the DC once but it's stuck now.  But it did mount
>   Greg> root via NFS.  I only installed Saitoh's binaries (/bin, /sbin, and /usr).
>   Greg> I made /kern, /tmp, and /mnt.  I need /dev, /etc and /var.  Can I grab
>   Greg> those from any NetBSD 1.5 installation?  Anything else critical missing?
>
> You can use the old hpcsh snapshot for those.  That's what I did.
>
>   // Marcus

Hi all, hi Marcus. I am new on this list and a newbie on the Dreamcast dev world ;-)
I did read there is a kernel who boots from the CD in here:
http://www.hh.iij4u.or.jp/~bsh/netbsd-dc/netbsd-dc-001.tar.gz
Thats what I was looking for, because I dont have the BB adapter to boot from NFS.
But I also heard the console output to TV is not working yet, and I have to use DC's
serial to access it, thats true?

PD