Subject: segfaults
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org, tb90@mail.csuchico.edu, thorpej@zembu.com>
From: SAITOH Masanobu <masanobu@iij.ad.jp>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/26/2001 14:06:56
 > I'm wondering if others are getting the same segmentation faults as
 > myself... perhaps I should get the lastest kernel source but here is
 > what I'm getting
 >
 > These programs have been caused segementation faults:
 > With errors along these lines:
 > tlb_handler#NOGO:va(0xb3000),spc=4b8ba
 > This is actually the error which sh generates
 >
 > sh
 > date
 > rm
 > mv
 >
 > I'm sure there are many more programs... It would be nice if sh would
 > work ;-)  However, in the mean time I can get to single user mode
 > because /bin/csh and /bin/ksh both work.

At least, nowaday's NetBSD/sh3 is very stable. When was the binary
you were using made?

 > tlb_handler#NOGO:va(0xb3000),spc=4b8ba

Perhaps, your libraries, (cross) compiler or cross compile envrionment is
broken.

 > The SH3/SH4 low-level virtual memory module needs a lot of help -- I've
 > been working on a rewrite of it, but haven't had a chance to finish it
 > yet (I've had other stuff to get done first).

Perhaps, that problem is not concerned with the vm system because
my machine is very stable.

(Note that NetBSD/sh3 doesn't support swapping yet, so you shoud not
enable swaping)

		SAITOH Masanobu (masanobu@iij.ad.jp
				  msaitoh@netbsd.org)