Subject: Re: Greetings (Beta
To: Eric Nelson <eric.nelson@sega.com>
From: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/23/2001 08:40:31
On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 02:24:57AM -0800, Eric Nelson wrote:

> Also, in regards to the IRC network, the current PlanetWeb browser has an incredibly low-quality IRC client, and IRC is a very big attraction to the Dreamcast and its online potential. Is there any future plans to incorporate an IRC client (ircII, Epic, or any X clients if it will run X), and if so, what will it be?

We have several IRC clients ported to NetBSD.  Look in the `chat' section
of pkgsrc and you'll find BitchX, ircII, irchat, ircu, sirc, tkirc, xchat
and zircon.  Plus there's a chat client built into the Mozilla web
browser now.  (This hasn't been ported to SH-3/4 yet, but once I have
access to such a machine, it will be.)