Subject: Re: PS/2 keyboard adaptor
To: None <djc6@scl.cwru.edu>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/17/2001 21:34:54

  David> Who makes a good ps/2 adapter?  Do any of them allow you to use a ps/2
  David> splitter cable, or include one?  I'd hate to buy two - one for the
  David> keyboard, one for the mouse.  Besides, if you could have four
  David> keyboards/mice hooked up to the DC, everyone could play Q3A properly :)

I don't think you'll find one which allows more than either one
keyboard or one mouse to be attached to each port.  That would require
either that the device reports it's both a keyboard and a mouse, or
that one of the functions is placed as a subdevice.  While both are
technically fully possible to do within the scope of the Maple Bus
protocol, no Dreamcast game would recognize such a setup.  NetBSD
could easily be made to support it, but as I said, I doubt you'll find
any such hardware.

  // Marcus