Subject: Re: WinCE on DC
To: Patryk Jankun <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Petty <rapett0@home.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/16/2001 19:12:37
Because DC hardware will run a derivative of WinCE.

M$ worked with Sega on the development of the OS's for the Dreamcast.  They
focused on the CE end while Sega worked on their own.

The OS ships on the game CD, there is no OS in the system only the BIOS and
minor OS loader.  Developers had a choice to use either OS with their games,
I think Daytona USA was the only one that actually shipped using CE, but I
could be vastly wrong.  The hopes were cross-dev'ing between Win32 and DCOS
(or whatever its called).

M$ just had their label stuck on.  I *personally* believe they scapegoated
Sega to take the fall, using their vast console market knowledge for the
XBox, and and as we all know bailed out on Sega............

Rob