Subject: Re: JAVA VM instead of X server?
To: <>
From: Joshua Coombs <predius@gwi.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/13/2001 12:04:14
I use Netbsd in 16M on a 386, it takes a few mins for X to get settled as
far as what's going to be swapped out and what'll stay in active memory,
at which point 3.3.6 behaves well considering the lack of acceleration and
that it's on a 386.

Sound support shouldn't chew up all that much active memory/resources, and
would probalbly be just as easily implimented directly.

X may take some work, but it would be nice to have an X-server I can
direct my big workstation to with decent TV out. : )

Joshua Coombs