Subject: ELF vs. COFF builds
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Tyrel Beede <tb90@mail.csuchico.edu>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/11/2001 18:19:41
I was lurking around mc.pp.se/dc in addition to reading a few mails to
the list by Andrew and I was wondering what the purpose would be to have
a a system built in the elf binary format vs. the coff format.  As
marcus's web page(mc.pp.se/dc) lists some information about creating
your own bootable CDs and it shows commands given on an elf file to make
it compatable with the format for 1ST_READ.bin and I was wondering what
the relevant command would be for a coff format file as I have used the
cross-compiler in this coff format(i bet they might just be very similar
but I'm not an expert) Also, if anybody out there with an elf
cross-compile enviroement could quickly list the basic sets to get a elf
toolchain working it would be great.

Thanks

Tyrel