Subject: Re: Possible uses?
To: Gary <gary@spiritwars.com>
From: Joseph Mallett <jmallett@newgold.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/09/2001 16:30:21
On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Gary wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Harry S. Hawk wrote:
>
> > A cheap way to browse the web, telnet to read mail (we all read mail
> > in a shell right?), and play some CD's.

You'd have to set NetBSD up to be loaded entirely into a ramdisk, to
switch CDs... And who uses telnet anymore? *g* If we could get X working,
it'd be really cool, cause then we aren't limited in how many terminals we
can have going... =)

> Yes, PINE handles IMAP quite well but I'm rather fond of SSH myself. :)

SSH to a fully loaded x86 box and whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, we're set *g* pine
perl bitchx lynx etc., Actually we could prolly fit 'vi', 'pico', 'ssh',
'perl', 'BitchX' and 'lynx', on the ramdisk, and if not, run off CD, and
we'd have the Web cds beat, eh? =)

> -Gary

/joseph

--