Subject: RE: link
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Gary <gary@spiritwars.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/08/2001 11:51:46
On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Vann, Mark (CRTATL) wrote:

> become more actively involved , what should i look for when buying them?

So far as I can tell, don't buy a pink one (which are not likely available
in the states). IIRC, it's part of the Sakura Taisen bundle. There was
actually a pink Hello Kitty DC about a year ago, too, though. Here's a
posting about the non-CDR console:
http://mb.vgdirectory.com/game010201.htm

It seems that production dates up to Sept. 2000 are confirmed to still
work with CD-Rs. You can find this date on the sticker on the bottom of
the unit.

> Also, i have seen a lot of stuff flying around about ide storage. Is this
> really an issue, could one not build a NFS server and connect to it via the
> broadband adapter? Is the adapter 100mbit capable? If not, how hard does it
> look to attach a generic tuplip chipset to it?

The broadband adapter is already 10/100 as per the specs posted on Sega's
website. You can find these and a copy of the manual at
http://www.sega.com/broadband.htm.

Your questions re NFS have already been answered in this list. Please see
the archives for details: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-dreamcast/

-Gary