Subject: Re: Network Boot Kernel
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: wallshot <wallshot@twistedgeeks.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/07/2001 21:00:27
On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> Once you have the stuff setup, at the "root device" prompt on the dreamcst
> you will just put in 'rtk0' and it should go for it. :-)

This is incredibly fun and addictive. Got my DC up multiuser it seems,
telnet script at http://www.twistedgeeks.com/dclog.txt

Is this kernel specifically compiled to boot into single user mode? I have
had to ctrl-D to get to multi. Also, is the netbsd.gz supposed to be read
on bootup is everything necessary except the filesystem already on the
boot CD?

I put gunzipped netbsd.gz.bin and mv'd to /netbsd but get the following
error at boot time when going multiuser:
Feb  7 20:32:06 dreamcast savecore: /netbsd: _dumpdev not in namelist
I assume this is because when I booted I left the dump point blank.

Have I caught up with the current stages of development?  I assume gcc is
not yet available as a binary distro.

Does anybody have any recommendations for mailing lists relevant to this
other than port-dreamcast if there is info such as how to cross-compile
apps on my FreeBSD box that I can install to my nfs exports or other
non-kernel specific aspects of getting services up and running?

/me gets ready for headache of the cross-compiling howto

Thanks for all  your help, Andrew

-John