Subject: Re: Regarding your suggestion to "multiopen.com"
To: Josh Brandt <mute@sidehack.sat.gweep.net>
From: wallshot <wallshot@twistedgeeks.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/07/2001 06:48:59
On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Josh Brandt wrote:
> It's spam.
>
> Maybe the listadmin needs to set up the list not to allow mail from anyone
> who isn't subscribed? That seems like a good idea.

An issue I see with this is people who have mailing lists pointed to
aliases on their machine, instead of their main account, so that it can be
stuffed into another folder upon arrival, or forwarded to multiple
accounts for that person.  The email I post from does not match the one I
subscribed to the list with.  I've seen this discussion on other lists
that had come to the same conclusion, but the spam didn't last more than
one or 2 posts, and is usually not worth a weeklong discussion of how to
decrease functionality of a working mail list.

my $0.02: leave it as it is unless spam becomes a real problem

John